Splunk Enterprise 7.0 is now available for download. Some key new features have been added to the latest release. These are:
- Metrics – which are sets of numerical, time series data are now treated as a first class data type bringing massive performance improvements such as up to 200x faster queries
- Event Annotation seamlessly unifies logs and metrics by overlaying multiple searches in a single time chart or graph
- Chart Enhancements expand the selection of visual styles and chart options geared toward improving the visualization of metrics and mult-series monitoring use cases
- Faster Data Model Acceleration through core search technology tweaks
- Self-Service App Management in the cloud has been updated to allow the installation of your organization’s own internal apps
- The latest Machine Learning Toolkit improves extensibility, scalability and ease of use through several new enhancements
Visit the link below from Splunk to read in more detail on what the new features are in 7.0.