http://www.pkguild.com posted a collection of Netapp related information.
I am going to quote it here. Please refer to the source post for updates and changes.
You ever ask the question “Wow, I wish there were a consolidated place to find everything* there is to find about NetApp and Virtualization?”
I ask that question all the time. The following is a release of my internal notes I’d forward to people when they say “NetApp + Citrix?” “NetApp + VMware” or “NetApp + Hyper-V”
This way, both you AND I have a single place to go look and I don’t have to reinvent my wheel!
Everything you wanted to know about NetApp and Virtualization but were afraid to ask.
NetApp Virtualization Team Blog – Great resource of information and the definitive source on updates of new documents, TR’s, etc – It is where I’ll update new links like those above from.
VMware and NetApp
- TR3428 – NetApp and VMware Virtual Infrastructure 3 Storage Best Practices
- TR3671 – VMware Site Recovery Manager in a NetApp Environment
- TR3697 – Multiprotocol Performance Test of VMware® ESX 3.5 on NetApp Storage Systems
- TR3705 – NetApp and VMware VDI Best Practices
- TR3724 – VMware VDI on NetApp Storage Systems 1,000-seat Deployment Guide Using NFS
- TR3725 – VMware VDI on NetApp Storage Systems 4,000-seat Deployment Guide Using NFS
- TR3734 – SAP on Windows and Microsoft SQL Server with NetApp Storage and VMware
Microsoft and NetApp
- TR3701 – NetApp and Microsoft Virtualization: Making Integrated Server and Storage Virtualization a Reality
- TR3702 – NetApp and Microsoft Virtualization Storage Best Practices
- TR3733 – Microsoft Hyper-V on NetApp Deployment Guide
Citrix and NetApp
- TR3694 – NetApp and Citrix XenServer 4.1- Building a Virtual Infrastructure from Server to Storage
- TR3711 – Citrix XenDesktop 2.0 with NetApp Storage – Pilot Deployment Overview
- TR3732 – Citrix XenServer V5.0 and NetApp Storage Best Practices
Oracle and NetApp
And some definite –must- reads!
- TR3505 – NetApp Deduplication for FAS Deployment and Implementation Guide
- VDI infrastructure considerations: Choices that dramatically influence user experience and cost outcomes (VMWorld)
- Capacity Savings and Storage Utilization Guarantees: What’s Included, and Are They Worth Considering?
- Total Cost Comparison: IT Decision-Maker Perspectives on EMC®, HP® and NetApp™ Storage Solutions in Enterprise VMware Environments
- NetApp Storage Efficiency Calculator
NetApp 50% Virtualization Guarantee* (Effective until December 31, 2009)
- FAQ – 50% Virtualization Guarantee* Program
- WP7053 – The 50% Virtualization Guarantee* Program Technical Guide
Top Must Read Knowledge Base Articles (Virt-KB!)
- Recommended Settings for VMware ESXi 3.5 Update 2Update 3 when connected to NetApp Storage Systems
- VMware LUN Alignment in ESX 3.x
- VMware ESX Guest OS I/O Timeout Settings for NetApp Storage Systems
- VMFS volume resignaturing in a NetApp environment
- SnapDrive licensing for VMware servers with multiple virtual systems on them
- Adding more than 8 NFS datastores on a VMware ESX host (As seen in TR3428)
- VMWare ESX Virtual Machine Storage troubleshooting
- Virtual machines that are accessed through NFS datastores appear to be inaccessible
- Flexclones: VMware volumes and LUNs
- Disk Alignment on Linux with NetApp LUNs for VMware
NetApp Virtualization and Twitter!
Yes! I was able to track down the folks at NetApp who are on Twitter, so follow them here!
- @chrisgeb (Chris Gebhardt)
- @Abhinav_Joshi (Abhinav Joshi)
- @bgracely (Brian Gracely)
- @VirtuallyNetApp (Jack Mcleod)
- @Vaughn_Stewart (Vaughn Stewart)
NetApp Virtualization and YouTube!
- NetAppTV (Customer Success Stories and other cool videos)
- NetAppTube (Demos from VMWorld and more!)
- NTriantos (SMVI, VDI, OSSV and more!)
Since we have been looking at NetApp, these caught my eye. I hope someone else will find them useful. Make sure to check out http://www.pkguild.com if you haven’t before.
Thanks to http://www.pkguild.com and NetApp