Notable KB Articles from the week by The VMguy
This is a direct quote, as I fall under the SMB world, and i believe at least some of my reader’s do as well.
Here’s a few that are new or updated this week for SMB customers that I thought had really good value:
- Virtualizing existing domain controllers
- Purging old data from the database used by VirtualCenter Server
- Increasing the amount of RAM assigned to the ESX Server service console
- Best practices for using and troubleshooting VMware Converter
- Diagnosing a VMware High Availability cluster configuration failure
- Diagnosing an ESX Server that is Disconnected or Not Responding in VirtualCenter
- Increasing the size of a virtual disk <- this is a great one for all VMware products and it also pairs up with this one: Increasing the size of a disk partition
- Guidelines for Extending a VMFS Volume
- VirtualCenter Server service does not start automatically after reboots
- ESXi 3 Hosts without swap enabled cannot be added to a VMware High Availability Cluster <- This one is a little specific but I have run across it a couple times with customers.
Thanks to The VMguy for taking time and putting in the work for this.
Full Post : http://vmguy.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/347