Metallic + OCI Release
On June 29th, Commvault, a global enterprise leader in intelligent data services across on premises, cloud and SaaS environments, announced it has expanded its strategic partnership to include MetallicDMaaS to Oracle Cloud
As hybrid cloud solutions became critical for customers, in 2019 Commvault created a venture called Metallic – its first SaaS offering to better provide Data Management-as-aService (DMaas) across multi-cloud environment
As part of Commvault’s continued support for customer’s hybrid and multi cloud journeys Metallic’s industry-leading services will now also be offered on OCI and available in all commercials OCI regions globally and be available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
OCI coupled with Metallic data management as a service (DMaaS) enables enterprise customers to protect and secure their data against threats, adhere to local data residency laws, and ease data management and recovery
Together, Metallic and OCI will deliver superior price-performance, built-in enhanced security, and simplified recovery and management for enterprise customers looking to accelerate their OCI transition and protect critical data assets in the cloud while maintaining complete flexibility across customer-managed storage or a fully managed Metallic data protection service.
Metallic’s data protection now spans Oracle Cloud VMware virtual machines, Oracle Database, Oracle bare metal servers, Oracle Containers for Kubernetes, and Oracle Linux and becomes available to over 400,000 Oracle enterprise customers looking to leverage Oracle Cloud Infrastructure for protecting their mission critical data.
In addition to the offering with Oracle, Metallic also delivers Backup-as-a-Service and Data Management-as-a-Service solutions for Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Metallic is the only DMaaS solution to protect across Azure, AWS and now OCI
Special Points of Note:
- Expanded partnership is part of Commvault’s continued support for customer’s hybrid and multi cloud journeys
- Metallic is the only DMaaS solution to protect across AWS, Azure and OCI to help enterprises’ multi-cloud journey
- Speeds cloud adoption for backup copies, driving data to OCI
- It helps to ease data mobility, make it simpler to customers to securely move VMs and apps to OCI
- Provides seamless protection of OCI workloads to OCI – with management across full data estate
- Secure Backup from Ransomware and Malware
- Secure – Air-gapped ransomware protection with encryption built-in
- Flexible – Meet long and short-term data retention needs with OCI Standard and OCI Infrequent storage tier backup targets for Metallic DMaaS
- Simple – Purchase. Add. Apply. Single pane of glass management makes administration easy
Read more at Commvault
An Expanded Partnership for the Cloud Era with Metallic and OCI
Commvault and Oracle: a 25-year history of integration
Commvault has long supported Oracle customers protecting the crown jewels of their enterprises – their Oracle data. We have more than 3,000 joint customers, which is increasing every year, and the amount of Oracle data we are protecting has grown by more than 30% year over year.
More than 400,000 customers rely on Oracle today to run their businesses. As many of those companies are accelerating their own cloud adoption and migrating to OCI – they have a natural need for agile cloud solutions to protect along that journey.
As Oracle accelerated its own cloud business, bringing the power of OCI to its customer base, Commvault kept pace. In 2017, Commvault underscored our support for Oracle customers moving to OCI, through our Commvault Complete software. Two years later, we introduced Metallic SaaS – which has quickly grown to become the gold standard in data management as a service. With today’s news, Oracle customers who need all the benefits of a SaaS-delivered solution, can now harness the power of Metallic with OCI to protect their data on premises and in the cloud. We’re excited for this natural evolution of our partnership to meet customers where they are with the most innovative and flexible SaaS solutions in our industry.
Metallic Expands Multi-Cloud Data Management with Support for OCI
Cloud adoption is up, risks are up
We’ve all seen how cloud adoption is accelerating, along with a need for multi-cloud solutions, with 89% of companies reporting a multi-cloud strategy. (1) Unfortunately, the timing of this cloud transformation comes at the same time as some unprecedented risks:
- First, ransomware and new cyberattacks are quickly trending in the wrong direction. We’ve not only seen a massive spike in successful breaches, but also a growing sophistication in the nature of attacks. We’ve heard the adage before, it’s not “if,” it’s “when” — creating new risk around data and system protection.
- Second, constrained resources. Successful digital transformation takes new and unique skills, to drive change and accelerate to the cloud. This complimented with the well-publicized skills gap leads many IT organizations hamstrung in an already do-more-with-less world.
- And lastly, hybrid cloud data sprawl. As companies drive to digital transformation faster than ever, business data is increasingly spread across every application, device, on-prem, and cloud environment. This multi-generational data sprawl is challenging to manage and safeguard, even more so now as hybrid cloud strategies take hold.
Commvault and Oracle Partner to Deliver Metallic® Data Management as a Service on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to Accelerate Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Adoption
By adding support for protecting OCI workloads and writing to OCI Storage, Metallic’s data protection now spans OCI VMs; Oracle Databases; and Oracle Container Engine. Additionally, Oracle Linux is available to over 400,000 Oracle enterprise customers and the more than 100,000 customers who have relied on Commvault technology and are looking to leverage Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to protect their mission-critical data.
Check out the Metallic Resource Library
Metallic Backup for AWS
Metallic® Recovery Reserve™ for Metallic BaaS
Metallic Active Directory Backup
Leave Ransomware Concerns Behind
Metallic Office 365 TCO Infographic
ActualTech Brief: The Imperative for Office 365 Data Protection and the Shared Responsibility Model
ActualTech Brief: The Imperative for Dynamics 365 Data Protection and the Shared Responsibility Model
ActualTech Brief: The Imperative for Salesforce Data Protection and the Shared Responsibility Model
This is a sponsored post. I did meet with a Commvault technical specialist on the above technology and believe in the technology personally.