I have chronicled my search for a Mac money management replacement for Microsoft Money. Unfortunately, after trials and testing, I have not found a suitable Mac solution that works fully for me. So, after searching, Quicken for Windows 2010 is my new solution and so far, its working pretty well. There were a few requirements that the software needed, although, I didn’t realize what I needed when I began my search.
- Seemless integration with online banking service to pull down transactions
- Ability to import my transaction history from Microsoft Money (and import it pretty easily)
- Ability to preserve my categories after import
- Ability to preserve my transfer transactions (for reporting purposes) between accounts
- Ability to setup recurring transactions for bills, paychecks and things that recur.